Eyelash Extensions – Be a KNOW-IT-ALL!
Eyelash extensions are becoming more and more popular and so we can't stress how important it is to make sure you get what you pay for. Here are a few tips for you before and after you get your lashes done.
- Ask how long the extensions will last. Your technician should ALWAYS answer that question by saying up to 4-6 weeks. The eyelash extensions will fall out when your natural lash falls out so it actually all depends on the growth cycle of your own lashes. The longer the natural lash, the longer the growth cycle and therefore the longer your lash extensions will last.
- Once your lashes start to fall off. You should always see your own natural eyelash stuck onto the extension. This shows you that the lash has fallen out correctly and naturally. Refrain from pulling or picking at your lashes. If they are falling out without a natural lash attached to them then it means that the technician has not applied the extensions correctly. At NO stage should your lashes hurt you. If you feel as though your eyelashes are pricking you every time you blink, it means that the technician has either stuck the extension too close to your skin on your lid or the technician could have stuck two natural lashes together.
- Homecare Advice - make sure you get some! Your technician should ALWAYS give you homecare advice once she has done your lashes. The most important rules are: - Don't get the lash extensions wet for the next 12-24 hours - Sleep on your back for the first night - Do not use any oil-based products on the extensions as it will break the bond of glue. Along with other advice, your technician should advise you on what to use to clean your extensions. Only an oil-free cleanser is suitable and you must wash them everyday to avoid red and irritated eyelids.
- Phone a recognised lash company to find out where to go. Professional lash technicians are trained by the lash company and qualify only once they can do the lashes correctly. The Pyramid Beauty School recommends calling the Lash Collection on 021 555 1517 or visiting their website http://www.thelashcollection.co.za/ to find out more information. It will take 5 minutes to call and find your closest lash technician.
- Know what to expect. Your technician is applying a false individual lash to each and every single one of your own natural eyelashes. This means that your technician could use 80-120 extensions per eye. Your technician should take no longer than 2 hours but no less than 1 hour to do a full set. As long as every single lash is extended with a false extension then you are good to go!
Be a know-it-all when it comes to spending your hard earned money. Do not settle for anything other than perfect! If you are still unsure then please do not hesitate to call us on 011 493 8600. As a training facility we will be able to give you good advice on where to go and what to look out for.