Services SETA Accreditation No. 4175
The Services Sector Education and Training Authority (SSETA) was established and registered in March 2000 in terms of the skills development Act of 1998 and is responsible for the disbursement of the training levies payable by all employers. These levies are collected by the South African Revenue Service (SARS) via the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), and are to be disbursed through a management system motivated by skills requirement assessment and monitoring.
Thus the SSETA will ensure that the skill requirements of the services sector are identified and that adequate and appropriate skills are readily available. The SSETA contributes to the improvement of sector skills through achieving a more favourable balance between demand and supply, and ensuring that education and training is:
- Provided subject to validation and quality assurance;
- Meets agreed standards within a national framework;
- Ensures that new entrants to the labour market are adequately trained, and
- Acknowledges and enhances the skills of the current work force.
Vision and Mission:
The Services SETA is striving to build a system where skills production and development respond to the socio-economic needs of our country and its labour market. Such high-quality skills will in turn enhance investment and improve service delivery.
A professional world-class services sector supporting inclusive growth and development.
The Services SETA aims to achieve this by ensuring that:
- Accountability, mobility,practitioners in the sector are established and maintained through professional bodies and quality partners;
- Skills are globally benchmarked and evaluated against services excellence standards;
- A skills policy in support of inclusive growth and development is adopted to address the three key challenges of poverty, unemployment and inequity;
- Skills development addressing both national and sectoral priorities while supporting employers and learners from both the first and the second economy.
ITEC International examination fees are included in the course price.
ITEC is a leading international specialist examination board, providing quality qualifications in Beauty & Spa Therapy, Hairdressing, Complementary Therapies, Sports & Fitness Training and Customer Service.
Diploma for Beauty Specialists (1st Year)
Level 2 (International)
UK Accreditation: QAN 100/1914/5
The ITEC Diploma for Beauty Specialists provides a thorough understanding and skills in Facial treatments (with the omission of electricals) manicure/pedicure and waxing for a Beauty Specialist requiring a high level qualification in beauty.
Diploma in Body Treatments (2nd Year)
Level 3 (International)
UK Accreditation: QAN 100/2571/6
Treatments for the purposes of relaxation, stress release, slimming and weight loss.
On completion of the course, Full Time and Part Time learners will be qualified to work anywhere in South Africa. The ITEC International Examination is included in the 1st and 2nd Year Full Time Course Fee.