3rd Year Spa Therapy
58310 - National Diploma in Health and Skincare NQF Level 5
Fees include learning manuals.
R5 000 Registration Fee. The balance of R20 000.00 is paid over 12 months at R2 500.00 per month.
12 February 2020 – 1 December 2020
Monday to Friday - 08h30 – 15h30. School closes at 16h00.
Choice between Nail Technology (Gel & Acrylic) OR Eyelash Extensions
1st & 2nd Year Qualification.
58310 – National Diploma: Health and Skincare (NQF Level 6)
This qualification will enable the qualifying learner to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team as a multi-skilled health and skincare practitioner. The learner will be skilled in visual, tactile, verbal and assessment skills to ascertain the client’s body and integumentary needs, in order to analyse the client’s state of health, and formulate a specific regime or protocol for the treatment, prevention and/or maintenance of well being for the client.
Learners accredited with this qualification will be able to:
- Apply communication skills to provide effective health and skincare treatments.
- Demonstrate applied knowledge of microbiology, anatomy, physiology, physics, chemistry and psycho social sciences.
- Plan, implement and evaluate health and skincare treatments based on a holistic assessment of the client.
- Participate in the promotion of holistic health care.
- Maintain professionalism in health and skincare practice.
- Participate and/or manage a health and skincare establishment.
Health and Skincare competency contributes to employment opportunities in the cosmetic industry – one of the largest retail/commercial industries in both relatively developed and developing countries. There is an ever-increasing need for health and skin care therapists in previously disadvantaged communities; thus it is essential to ensure quality qualifications on the NQF.